Monday, October 16, 2006

Boss Day...

Under normal conditions and circumstances I would happily acknowledge this day. It’s a day to show gratitude and appreciation to the person (s) who leads the team, goes beyond the call of duty on behalf of everyone, and is always willing to be there for you.

Well I don’t know any such person. In fact, I strongly dislike my boss. But I did feel a need to commemorate the occasion since I did manage to remember the day. I found it rather difficult to find the most appropriate greeting card. They all said things that I felt didn’t fit her. She’s not a good leader, she doesn’t go beyond the call of duty on my behalf, she isn’t a pleasure to work for, and she’s not the best boss. So I ordered flowers from a vendor we always use to deliver the flowers (didn’t come out of my pocket).

Well, an hour later I cancelled them due to this email from dumb ass.

Background:
She asked me to contact a vendor for our annual holiday tenant event. I called them on Friday gave them the basic info: We expect 300 people and are looking to do a lunch type of deal. The lady was very corporative and emailed me a PDF file with their menu items and prices per person. Because of pas experience I dint want to take the imitative and choose the menu items, since she’ll just come up with her shit. So I placed the print outs in her pending file on her desk. I then get this email attack.

Her:

I do not see a bid for the Holiday event from the above vendor. Please call and have them put together two menu options for bid purposes as e discussed on Friday.

Thank you.

Dumb Ass
Property Manager

Me:

Attached to the paperwork behind whatever info you gave to me (on your desk) you will find their menus items. They list the menu options and prices. Once you decide which menu you want to go with they will present a formal proposal…

Her:

I understand that but I asked that you speak with them and describe to them what we like and have them present 2 different menu options.

Dumb Ass
Property Manager


Me:

This is why emails are not always the best form of communication. What is giving you the indication that I didn’t speak to anyone and give them details on our needs? I understand that but I asked that you speak with them and describe to them what we like


Barbara (lady I spoke to) gave me the menu options so we can decide what food items we wanted. She is aware of a lunch type of menu; I didn’t make any decisions because I wanted you to look through their options, just in case you didn’t like what I choose. So to save the effort I gave you the menu items for your review, and based off what you want, they will be more than happy to provide a formal proposal.




Can someone please explain to me what part doesn’t this incompetent loser doesn’t understand?








1 Comments:

Blogger DivineLavender said...

Apparently the master of the English language and fundamental management skills.

I am glad I ain't the only one with idiots in management.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home